View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 12:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Stacygifford
Eco Storm Chaser

Nemo - '87 Ford Mustang GT
90 day: 27.26 mpg (US)

K-sight - '02 Honda Insight
90 day: 39.24 mpg (US)
Talking

"Quick" update time. with LOTS of hopefully helpful links
The ecu is chipped, and I have a starting tune.
For how to chip yourown OBD1 honda ecu see hamotorsprots or just do a goolge search.... super easy to find.

I am using a P06 ecu from a 94 civic with a D15B7 and an Auto transmission.
So, yes tou can EASILY use an auto ecu on a manual car. all you have to do is remove 2 resistors (RP17 and RP18), and replace one of them with a jumper wire. (RP18)

For a detailed DIY/HOW-TO see HERE

I still need the TTL to USB conversion cable to Datalog. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.
Alternatively you could make your own from an old NOKIA 3200 (DKU-5) data cord. See here **no pictures** or Here not quite as detailed

And after ALL of that This will get you loging

I did a few slight changes to the stock p75 rom to help with my slight lean burn set up. from 1250-3500 rpm I added 2degrees of timing while under light load (see red box) I also decreaced the low-mid rpm ople loop crossover threshold to help prevent going into higher engine loads while lean and causing detonation.
The top is the altered timing map and TPS/RPM Closed-open loop crossover
and the bottom are the stock settings.

I also did a few fueling adjustments to have a smoother transition from 16.2:1 under light load cruising to 13.4:1 under hard acceleration. right at the transition to open loop it runs right at 14.5 and richens up when accelerating/pulling a hill. Because this car is basically all stock only very small changes were needed to a few sections of the fuel map.

When I am able to actually log this stuff, it will only get better/easier, with a lot less guesstimation .

Lastly, a good freind surprised me with something he found at a garage sale saying,
Quote:
I saw this and thought you had to have it. It screams Ecomodder!
and Ill be damed, it does!

An oldschool "Econo-Meter" vacuum gauge, I have a new Autometer vacume/boost gauge, but I think this is much cooler!

It may find its way into the car sometime soon!

Last edited by Stacygifford; 07-31-2017 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: I forget how to type from time to time