View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I hope everyone is having a good day.

James, Page to Oregon is shorter, too. I can find flights out of Page, but not into Tillamook, although they have an airport. I can currently fly for $180 roundtrip from Phoenix, 273 miles south. Las Vegas is also 273 miles, but to the west and slightly south. The cheapest nonstop ticket is $196, but thirty-one minutes less. Five hours of driving to either airport, two hours from Portland to Tillamook, and at least a two-hour flight, plus check-in and everything. Ten hours total? Roughly $35 in gas, plus parking fees. Google says 1,237 miles through Utah and Idaho and 18:43. Roughly $62.50 in gas?

They sent me all of the information. The posted salary schedule is two years old, there is a relocation stipend, and they are considering me a teacher. My first Bachelor's should put me at BS + 45. They may not count my two years of experience because I was not full-time.

"Teachers can apply for partial loan forgiveness after working in a Title I school for 5 years."

Many people tell Student Loans they could not afford their payments and were only paying $50 a month.

Is that a pro-tip or a life-hack?

I am making normal payments and I paid extra when I thought I could spare it. Once I fill out the paperwork they sent me I am taking the relevant information to my bank and asking for a credit limit increase so I can move. My first paycheck will probably not be for a month, but thus far my priorities are:

Paying off my credit card.
Opening a checking account that earns interest: https://www.northpointe.com/banking/...timateaccount/
Paying down my student loans.

2017 start in Page
2018 start grad school
2019 work and study
2020 work and study
2021 graduate and do my Clinical Fellow Year
2022 work at a school as an SLP.

I do not see any reason to still have student loans in five years. For grad school? I still have the GI Bill. If it does not cover everything I should be able to pay for it myself.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Xist; 08-01-2017 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Updated