View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 12:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Extreme budgeting!

I do not know about the other checking accounts, but Northpointe requires fifteen debit transactions. If I am working on a project, I may do that in one day, but juggling multiple accounts kind of seems like a dangerous game, needing to remember to make sure you get your transactions with enough time to make them up.

Store employee: "Ah, Xist, end of the month is it?"
Me: [scans fifteen cans of peas in separate transactions]

I like to have money in the bank and available credit. Some emergencies require cash, others credit, and still others debit.

It is a strange world.

I estimated how much I need to pay in taxes for the past twelve months, which was where I realized how little I had earned. Now that I am filling out a forty-five-page New Hire packet I have received two e-mails about full-time jobs.

One was only a couple of days a week, but full days. In theory I could have shifted clients to Saturday and still seen everyone.

In theory, no thanks.

I have not asked which modifiers apply to my starting pay, but at a minimum I will earn 2/3s more in nine months than I did in the last twelve.

I will figure out something.

Using the same tax estimator, not taking into account the new and exciting tax brackets I will be entering for both state and federal, I could hypothetically earn $150 in interest by putting the money for taxes into that 5% checking account.

Student loans were offering me $5,000 per semester. In theory I could accrue another $30,000 and then supposedly it would be forgiven.

It is difficult to say goodbye. These are good kids from good families, and they can use good people trying to help them.