View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #38 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14'ecocruze View Post
The worse mpg is coming from them designing them to get worse. It's in the gear ratios. Try to tell me an automatic is more efficient when a computer is in charge is a lie. Idc if you have a 9 speed auto or whatever they are coming out with now vs a 6 speed manual or even a 5 speed doesn't matter to me. I will get better milage than the automatic​ as long as the final drive is the same. If a car is marketed as a manual having lower milage highway than a automatic they have different final drive.
Just woke up so hope that doesn't sound mentally challenged
I think there is some truth to what you are saying. It was nearly impossible to find a version of my truck in 2007 with a manual. Only 10% of production. Then, the 6-speed's gearing placed 6th at a 0.79. My dogmatic's 4th and 5th are 0.75 and 0.67. I smelled a rat then, and still do.

Today you can't get a half-ton pickup with a stick. Only something with a diesel in a 3/4 ton. Sigh.

Maybe we need to put together tranny swapping businesses...

EDIT. Consumer demand will make the change happen, or it won't. As long as people buy auto trannies, we'll be stuck with that or with our old vehicle, or with a conversion.