View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 08:36 PM   #333 (permalink)
ChopStix
Primer is still paint!

85 Chevy Pickup C10 - '85 Chevy C10
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Popular because it is an OG finish. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives...olorstype2.php

I used to be less of a purist when it comes to L-code colors. Then I started to see what it does to resale value and resaleability. The Ford-colored Beetle down at the shop has been for sale for months; it had $20K invested and is priced at $12.5K so it's a good value. The previous owner ordered the work and then was hit with a divorce so it's available for the balance; and it's not selling. Then there's the convertible in the background here:

Someone should get that one before it's finished and re-topcoat it with a stock color.
_________

Bummer about the fire, but my two Beetles went up in value a little that day.
_________

Do you chase neighborhood cats with that hippy bus? I would.

A lot to reply to:

Honestly I want a primered, less perfect, and less valuable VW since then it would not be as desirable to the purists.
I've taken a lot of heat when I used to share picture's of my Impala online. The old car nazi's complain about billet aluminum parts and wheels. Plus the EFI LT1/700R4 drive train is also a hot topic. I built it to drive. The same would be with a VW. Internet trolls would tear me up for cutting it up! But it would be daily driveable.

Yes on the fire. That is the place. I wanted those cars, and a few others. I have cash in hand. But such is life....

I would chase cats around if given the chance. I would not hurt them. But playful banter with an RC would be fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChopStix For This Useful Post:
freebeard (08-10-2017)