View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #335 (permalink)
ChopStix
Primer is still paint!

85 Chevy Pickup C10 - '85 Chevy C10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I like some resto-mods, as long as they retain much of the stock look and any accessory is period-accurate. Let's say, 20" rims in an American landyacht from the '60s, is one thing that doesn't seem period-accurate enought. When it comes to engine and transmission, upgrading to newer ones is not so bad at all as it overcomes the criticism about older vehicles being less efficient and more polluting. Just to get back on topic: I used to not be so favorable to water-cooled engine swaps into air-cooled Volkswagens, but now fitting an EA827 into a Zé do Caixão actually sounds like a good idea....
My 60 Impala is lowered a couple inches, with a slight hotrod rake. But not so much that it can't drive right over speed bumps. Its got 16" wheels for a slight side wall reduction without running bandaid tires, like 20's would have. It does have some kustom body mods. But nothing that reduces its daily drive-ability. It has after market suspension and large disc brakes for improvements over stock.

Some guys want race cars, or low riders, etc. I want vehicles that I can use for their intended purpose, to drive on the street. But with improvements over stock.