View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
roosterk0031
Master EcoModder

Drove Pen's Rogue to move daughter back to college over the weekend, once started I reset the Ave mpg, set cruise at 59, after about 50 miles, 3 stop signs and 2 corners indicated was 38, AC at 60f on the whole time just coasting into corners/stops. Got on 4 lane set cruise to 69, after 50 miles Ave was down to 35 mpg, some city driving then back home, down to 32 when got off 4 lane, got it back up to 33 by the time I got home. 1500 rpm at 60 mph.

Does the 14 have the Active Engine Braking feature. Was out in Colorado a month ago, 4 tanks in a row of 35 mpg(Pulse up the hill, Glide down, repeat....). Going down hills it will ramp up the engine braking to try to control the speed, great feature. Not sure when it decides to work. Will only go up to about 3300 rpm. I would have hated it in CO if it wouldn't have helped control the speed down all those hills.

Not that useful around home, except a 25 mph zone in a nearby town where I first noticed it. I try to crest the hill at 20-25 without ever using the brakes and it won't let it get over 30 mph.

Be careful on hitting the Resume button on the Cruise control if you aren't pretty close to the speed unless you want near redline engine speeds.