View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
JockoT
Master EcoModder

All That Jazz - '06 Honda Jazz i-DSI S
Team Honda
90 day: 48.72 mpg (US)
There are many old car, such as 2CV's, Morris Minors and even older, run by enthusiasts, but these are not used as day to day working transport. We have a government site that shows the MOT results of any vehicle. If I see an old vehicle like we've mentioned, I check its MOT history (also gives date when first registered). This includes the mileage between tests, and often you find they have only covered a couple of hundred miles in the year since its previous test.
Companies see their status measured by the company cars their management are supplied with. Therefore a BMW, Jaguar or Mercedes makes a statement. A Ford Focus would be seem as a company that does things on the cheap. Their green credentials may be measured by their sales staff driving hybrids and upper managers in Teslas. It is all about how other companies see them. This was actually brought in, firstly, by US companies. The old British establishments expected their managers to travel by train (albeit 1st Class!).