View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The neighbor's router undoubtedly has the original admin password, so logging in and viewing the WiFi password (and then updating) would be easy.

Part of the reason I just moved was because Cox created a 1TB monthly data limit and the eight guys in both sides of our duplex somehow exceeded that. I have a legally-blind roommate that used to spend all day watching CNN. He exceeded his 125 GB share, but I used less than 50, and another probably used less than five. Our last roommate insisted his Internet usage was none of our business, but it sounds like he was costing us money.

All that I know was there was a guy next door that never left his room and spent all day and night on-line gaming and streaming. His roommates thought he was using more than the rest of us combined.

According to our landlord, Cox charges another $40 for a second terrabyte. I kept trying to download videos to see what Mr. Landy would do when we exceeded 2TB, but each time my transfers failed within minutes.

Nobody realized when we were suppose to have faster Internet because it still did not work right.