View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
So, since you're going to keep the SUV for a while, are you still considering to get into hybrids once you get it replaced? What about gaseous fuels such as CNG and LPG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
It will be then 10 years and some stupid Belgium rules are verry rude about old diesels. So my car needs to be replaced or it wil cost me to much monney and i dont want to pay those aditional stuff.
Some EU laws are quite pointless. It would make much more sense to keep a well-mantained older car on the road instead of wasting energy and raw materials for a replacement. Even if an engine swap or the retrofit of particulate filters became allowed to make them comply to current emission standards, would still be less energy-intensive and more sustainable overall.

Quote:
I like SUV's, i know that those are not the most fuel efficient.
These are the SUV's that are within budget (new or nearly new/young second hands)

- 2016 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid awd-i

(The 2016 Lexus NX 300h uses the same technologie but is just over my budget.)

Big family cars that are interesting is actually a short list of the verry long list of available cars.

- 2016 Toyota Prius
- honda accord hybrid
- ? (Some simular cars???)
IIRC there were some reports that the Prius V (Prius + in Europe) had a roomier interior than the Rav4.