View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #76 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Progress on this project stalled a bit due to other priorities and bad weather (with the vehicle back outside), but I have been able to wire wheel and re-prime some corrosion spots on the inside floor where some water had sat under the carpet. Also found the two offending leaks, one was due to the rear weather-stripping shrinking slightly, I cut it on the bottom to allow it to shrink/expand a bit so I could get it to re-seat fully on the metal lip it rides on. All the side doors had a cut on the bottom, only the rear was one complete loop, and it pulled away from the corners and let some water inside. The other leak was due to the caulk between the rear door and the back window at the top next to the roof cracking. I temporarily just went over this with some other sealant; I will do a more permanent fix later.

I have gone round and round redesigning the electrical system, but I have started making brackets to mount the new fuse boxes up under the middle row driver seat. I hope to get enough of the electrical system made up to be able to start and run the engine soon.