View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 12:10 PM   #73 (permalink)
staxmotownjunkie
EcoModding Lurker

EV pusher

freebeard , I am looking for wired plug connection , I know I have to mod the front car with an extra electric vacuumpump for brakes and preferably an electric servo steering aid , but I would like to build kind of a two wheeled pushtrailer that takes some 6 or 8, 100 Amph bats Agm I know they weigh at 30 kilo a piece but that's not the problem . I would try to have a kind of stiff axle with a diff and connect an electric brushles 3 faze Dc regulated motor with a synced device on the trotle pedal .. to push the front vehicle in city on Electric power , normally a 10 Kw( 12 hp ) engine should be able do the job to drive at 35mph or some 50 kmh speed and pushing a midleclass car ,1200/ 1500 kg away , the trailer would be around max 500 kilo maxim weight including bats , engine and 3 faze convertor plus some minor safety electronics ; possibility of swopping cars .. with preinstalled connection system , possibility to have more pushers kind of standard system for some different cars . the aim is not road traffic , only clean green city traffic , once out of city depose the trailer at fixed place , have in an other city a second identical trailer to connect . the idea is for shopping around in town clean , maybe short distances max 50 km or so let's say a few hours for shopping and back on the road with normal petrol or diesel car , but driving clean in town .. is that enough info?? probably some of the drivelines of the high end Golfcarts would do for the mechanical setup , depending what that would cost pricewise. only diff , axle wheels and Ev engine plus controller .. the rest I have , building trailer , bats , connecting and adapting front car , my problem .
regards , Ben