View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Have any of you coached without athletic ability?

School has been in session for three weeks and they have asked twice for someone to coach. I played little league and soccer when I was a kid. I was never any good at either. While my sisters were on the swim team, I had swim lessons for years. I swam a couple of summers in college and never seemed to get better.

I am saying I am not a good candidate to volunteer as coach, but if nobody steps up, they need to cancel the season. I do not follow any sports, either, so the kids would know more than I do.

However, I do have experience with "Hustle, hustle, hustle! Hurry up! Move it!" although they were yelling at me, I was not yelling at subordinates.

All it takes for other teams to win by default is for good men to not become poor coaches.

Also, in this small town, if the kids do not have something to do, they are more likely to get in trouble.

Have any of you coached without experience? It would make more sense for a father to step up, but that may not happen. I think they also pay $500 for the six hundred hours I would spend.

Something like that.