View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 07:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
sotiris.bos
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtamiyaphile View Post
What year is your Clio?
I do use eco mode 99% of the time. It is a 2015 model but it has the K9k 1.5 diesel whereas yours has the 1.6 R9M. We also have a 2015 Qashqai that has the 1.6 diesel. Throttle response is way tamer in eco mode and full throttle before the stop is probably about 70-80% load. I did not know about the DFCO trick so thank you for that! I don't P&G the diesels as there is no point in doing so. I am usually at 3.7L/100km although I have gotten it down to 3.2 in a 1500km round trip at 90km/h (with AC on!). Feels great getting 1500km out of a single tank! I have the torque app and a bluetooth OBD reader so I am going to experiment with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seifrob View Post
I only drive it at low revs inside the city or while accelerating. 90% of the time I drive on the highway where the engine is turning over 2000rpm at speeds over 90km/h. They also say that sudden high amounts of load produce soot that clogs stuff up so I try to avoid that. In my opinion, city driving is the worst for soot production, so I tend not to use the car when possible.