View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
pete c
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
Some of the problems if not most of them with the Ford dual clutch auto is just that it doesn't act like either a manual or an automatic. It's different, so many drivers just think it's wrong. Sort of like some of the "problems" with a CVT. So if it rolls back on a slight hill it's broken not just being a manual. If it doesn't shift when you wanted it's broken not just being an automatic. That said my brother in law bought a current style Focus used with 120,000 miles on it but did get the real manual just in case. The DCT problems got him a good deal on it as well as the poor reliability marks on review sites rarely break it down to say it's just the automatics with transmission issues.
The problem isn't that it shifts differently, or weitd, like a cvt drone. The problem is that it shifts like a POS. It shudders terribly. The weird thing is, if you just flog it like...well, a rental, it actually does OK. It is normal driving that it doesn't like.

For the life of me, I don't understand how a company with the engineering resources of Ford, let this turd come to market.