View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #150 (permalink)
Sparkeysmall
EcoModding Lurker

The pig - '99 Dodge Ram 3500 Slt
90 day: 11.99 mpg (US)

The ST - '93 Honda ST1100
90 day: 38.68 mpg (US)
So... After getting my passenger window broken by some kids and buying/installing a window, As well as the classic plastic radiator endcaps that blow to smithereens after a while. my weekend was spent fixing what broke rather than improving on what isn't.

if anything all i can say is the new radiator was WAY lighter than the previous one. accidental weight savings off the nose and better milage as a result.

I got some bilsteins that i wanted to install. the spring rate is great right now, but the old shocks do get a bit floaty on the larger highway bridge bumps.

anyway. I've been contemplating getting one of those plug em in tuners for $300-something. they all boast mpg and torque tunes. I've thought a few times about seeing if i could find an old color tune that fits these spark plugs and see whats going on and if it can be improved upon with even a change in fuel rail pressure. I love carburetors, but fuel injection is quite easy to trick into thinking its doing something "good". anyway if a "tuner" can get a few degrees more timing at the right time and maybe even get the electrics to the transmission to work more efficiently worth a mile. it might be worth it.

unrelated but i gots some parts for the welder too. i didn't like the knobs that were on it.

-Every other forum i tried to state my intents...

Total spent on mods. :$440($200 was oil. So take it or leave it)
Total returned from 10mpg baseline :$167
miles since i started ecomodding :3315 miles