View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosieuk View Post
I'm getting 41.8-42mpg out of it at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised at 47+ when the cat has been replaced.. but this is my point. I've now got 4 different figures for my car, including yours, one of which is cloud cuckoo land, and two of which can best be described as claimed, ie 44 & 47. I have managed to get 44mpg out of it on precisely one tank and I've driven the best part of 20k. As you say with the Getz, the 1300 is poorer mpg but yet if you look at UK road tax its lower co2 & lower road tax.. by £20! They make it up as they go along..
So this and the last post about it running better on 93 octain show it's not the rating that's bad, but you particular car has other mechanical problems. The most basic Hyundai 4 banger doesn't need even 85 octain fuel to run to the point there is no "better". If it runs rough on 85 It has other problems. If you think replacing the converter would give 47mpg then what are you waiting for there? Then you need to learn and practice some of the tips on this site and you should be beating that 47 mpg rating not blaming Hundai for just doing what the government tells them to do. Also all taxes everywhere are just made up as they go along, welcome to the path of Libertarianism my friend!