View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
broski499
EcoModding Apprentice

Boltar - '19 Chevy Bolt LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
How long are your trips? Warm up will hurt you even if it's hot out and having to cool the cabin multiple times/for a short drive doesn't help either. I usually use auto AC and set the temp in the mid-upper 70s. Shorter trips take a hit, but long trips use similar amounts of fuel as not using the AC.

For driving technique, I usually accelerate briskly (usually about as fast as regular traffic) and P&G under 40MPH where possible. At higher speeds I just use cruise most of the time. I get right around 50MPG with cruise at 70-75MPH with auto AC. If I'm going 80 it'll dip down to the mid-40s (not that an ecomodder would ever drive those speeds...).
My drives are usually around 20 minutes so yeah the warm up is definitely hitting. My drive to work is almost entirely downhill, but my drive home as you might imagine is uphill. I try and take the drive home that is more gradual incline vs the steeper options. My daily commute is entirely city driving. I'm in Southern Orange County, Laguna Hills. So yeah the hills kill me.

I need to master my P&G technieque. 80MPH gasp!!!!