View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 09:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
ecocruze
CruzeMTgrind

BlueBawls - '14 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
90 day: 48.47 mpg (US)

Eddie - '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
I wish I could take your manual in my 02 4.0 SOHC. Last tank I pulled 27.6. if I had manual trans I would guess closer to 31-32 with no EOC. Mostly short drives under 20 miles. I think 1 was 13 miles to town grocery shopping then 13 miles home. Warmer weather helps obviously. From mpg standpoint SOHC seems to be all around better. Roof rack xbar delete seemed to help but I blocked the main opening for the radiator during last 1/4 tank as well I believe. So can't attribute any exact numbers. Original tanks when the wife drove it were around 18-20 though so would say 8-9 mpg improvement lol. Before tweaking things my first tanks we're about 22. I have a cracked rear drivers coil springs and will be hockey pucking it to stabilize. Poor man's replacement lol.

Have you made any advances towards an air dam out of the conveyor belt. I am looking to do something of those sorts on mine. Don't know if you know of Al(RIP). He's the only guy I know of that had consistently managed 30+ mpg (SOHC). Must break 30 is all I can say. I put 25 as the manageble limit without EOC on the OHV. Good luck on your wrenching endevours.