View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rosieuk
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
So this and the last post about it running better on 93 octain show it's not the rating that's bad, but you particular car has other mechanical problems. The most basic Hyundai 4 banger doesn't need even 85 octain fuel to run to the point there is no "better". If it runs rough on 85 It has other problems. If you think replacing the converter would give 47mpg then what are you waiting for there? Then you need to learn and practice some of the tips on this site and you should be beating that 47 mpg rating not blaming Hundai for just doing what the government tells them to do. Also all taxes everywhere are just made up as they go along, welcome to the path of Libertarianism my friend!
Arrogant little nerk aren't you? I've seen you around here and I've never seen you have a nice word for anyone. If you'd bothered to look at my other posts you would have found out the converter was changed yesterday. Its not solved the problem completely although it's a lot better and getting substantially better mpg best I can tell. Also a gas mask is not required on cold starts.
Second quoting a lower mpg and higher co2 figure for a vehicle with an identical drivetrain is ridiculous and it has nothing to do with "the government" telling Hyundai anything, that's their official figure on the car.
Thirdly, to my knowledge, there has never been 85 ron petrol sold in the UK, anywhere or anywhen, even if you include leaded - the nearest I can imagine is old ** which even a Ford Cortina would spit up on the basis it was half petrol, half kerosene with a cat urine chaser, and that was on a good day. Even the Renault 6 wouldn't run on it..
Fourthly that clanging noise you just heard is you missing my point. When I learned to drive and we bought a car with a given fuel consumption - driven sensibly that vehicle would meet or exceed said figure with ease. There was one figure and the figure was correct. For this vehicle I have.. 36/38/42/44/47 combined averages, all from different places, two which are supposedly official.. and the newer cars are worse, with combined figures you could only manage by dropping it off the Eiffel Tower in top (that's I'm France by the way, at least for the moment).
fifthly, having looked at many of the people you seem to enjoy chewing out, it's noticeable that you enjoy so far as I can tell targeting women on here. I wonder if you have noticed, as I have, being well read, a polymath and a published writer, that the device you are using was conceptually invented by a "sweeper of the chocolate chimney" (Alan Turing), and if you're using any phone or tablet (or for that matter, any vehicle with an ECU) that uses an ARM series processor you can thank a transsexual woman. I would think on that a little, of your brain hasn't entered an irreducible state of BSOD. I'd love to tell the current head of Isis/Palmyran CIA rep all about it just to see the look on his face.. (it'd be worth it even more to see terrorists trundling round in A35 pickups..).
In point of fact I've done a few things that I've found on here, most of which I was doing anyway, excluding of course the ones that are illegal (EOC and drafting trucks), not to mention suicidally idiotic in a modern car with hydraulic power brakes and power steering and having built, upgraded and tuned Autocycles I don't need condescension from you thank you *so* much.
Just a last point, the people responsible for the problems on that vehicle are all members of the genetically endicked and are all supposed to be trained mechanics. They put the wrong oil in it, replaced the isc using a hammer which smashed the number 4 injector harness so it's barely holding together, replaced a front suspension arm apparently with superglue as a lubricant and even the manufacturer dealer doesn't have the remotest clue what's up.. oddly enough, anything I've never taken to a garage and maintained or built myself has worked like a dream...