View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
ShinyMew
EcoModding Lurker

Suzuki Swift '06 - '06 Suzuki Swift (Base)
Lightbulb Reduce your Need for Headlights: Achieving Savings with Night Vision

Humans do some strange things. Most of us find it terribly difficult to break bad habits and I can only imagine how much fuel could be collectively saved if the driving populations of each nation made small, simple changes to their transportation routine.

As we know, conventional headlights can reduce mileage by anywhere between 1-5%. In 2017, however, they're not really necessary. When dark, I have therefore started using this trick and a quality pair of Armasight night vision goggles and expect that with the fuel savings they will have paid for themselves in... well, 10-20 years.

I encourage everyone to follow suit so that it hopefully catches on with the masses. While I am often on the receiving end of a lot of honking and yelling when using this technique, that's just because the poor souls don't know any better. I haven't even crashed yet. Small savings achieved by millions of motorists would add up to commendable reductions in aggregate oil consumption by consumers.

Edit: Obviously, even though this 'technique' would provide marginally improved fuel economy, it is clearly grossly illegal and very unsafe. As the last paragraph (and the price of that particular night-vision unit) should suggest, this was a joke post. Clearly I would not make a very good comedian.

Last edited by ShinyMew; 09-11-2017 at 06:57 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShinyMew For This Useful Post:
Daschicken (09-12-2017), Ecky (09-11-2017), me and my metro (09-10-2017)