View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
ar5boosted
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Then again, many cars ran Chevron's over-ethanolized fuel, which attracted so much water that every time you started from a stop, so much water would come out of the tail pipe, that you could water plants and flowers with it!
I'm convinced that when the fuel companies sell a 'Premium' fuel with 'Cleaning Agents' that it's just a water-emulsion that they're using.

It would be so cheap for them to produce, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't.

There's no harmful effects of water-injection unless done wrong. Oil soaked metal blocks won't absorb water. Exhausts on newer vehicles are all stainless steel so they won't be rusting.

There is enough engine heat to evaporate all water out of the engine.

Hypothetically you could get water in an oil channel which would cause a lubrication failure and then a catastrophic-engine-failure but I always use anti-sieze of some type to avoid that.

I was a bit busy on other things and I'm working through installing a system again and will be posting some results when I have them.

Fooling the computer is the main problem with an EFI car.

Water drops the engine operating temperature which the computer interprets as an invitation to go rich on the air-fuel mixture - kindly negating your efforts.
future - probably a Prius