View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
rolling roadway

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Thanks. I've been watching for the result[s]. 40 views at this time.

The part I was waiting for was the difference with the stinger off. It looked to me like the reflex tail was buried in turbulent wake, so I'm expecting the difference to be small.

And I didn't understand about your other interests. I'm off to see some of your other videos.

Edit:
EV kWh rates equivalency for cost of gasoline

Thanks for starting at 5¢/kWh, I'm paying 5.4¢. Across the bridge in the Big City it's twice that.

Seeing your interest in EVs, I have to ask; what do you think about the Highlander/Lexus rear axle and the Buick Lacrosse altermotor?

2nd edit:
What do you think the Darko folks would think if someone came in with their own 4x8ft 3"-thick rolling roadway?
Only Layne would know.
I do suspect that it would need to be flush with the tunnel floor.Very problematic.
BMW uses independent wheels rolling on the 'floor',while the actual, car body is supported and measured independently from an overhead 'sting.'
Gene HAAS Racing charges $3,600/hour for their rolling-road tunnel in North Carolina.
And scale models cost as much as a real vehicle,so you might as well test the real thing.