View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 12:21 AM   #62 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat_man View Post
t vago.... How did you find a comprable fuel injector? I know this is a rather open ended vague question, but did you just find the parameters of your stock injectors and then check RockAuto one by one until you found what you wanted? I have wanted to do this swap on my Ranger for a long time but am completely uneducated on the technical stuff. I can turn a wrench really well, but don't want to make any mistakes in sizing. When I look on RockAuto I can't tell how many holes the injectors have. I still have the stock single hole ones so even a 4-hole would be an improvement. I would love more holes if possible. Also isn't there a diference in high impedance and low impedance injectors. Not sure which I have (low I think) but I'm sure they aren't compatible. Any insight you have would be great.

Thanks
Basically, I do a lot of searching. For instance, I figure that your Ford Ranger uses an injector with an EV1 design, has a Jetronic D electrical connector, uses a 2.4 ohm resistance injector, and is rated at 34 lb/hr at 43.5 psig. It appears to be a peak/hold design.

And... unfortunately, I can find no injectors that have even an EV6 4-hole design that also has this flow rate and this electrical resistance.