View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 01:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesheiman View Post
Hmm...well is there free modelling software around that can handle it?
I may not have a super computer, but do have an 8 core I7 I use for music and hobbiest scientific processing.
OpenVDB: An Open Source Data Structure and Toolkit for High-Resolution Volumes

When I went looking for the thread, I learned that no-one had commented on it.

Quote:
That's exactly it...I can't seem to find any best practices on cabin exhaust. It seems the top-center of the rear canopy may be a good exhaust point, but ditto for the bottom center right behind the plenum formed in the rear center where the rear wheel and (indeed electric) motor are.

My concern with exhausting it top center of the rear canopy is wouldn't that change/disrupt the flow of quick moving air at the top-rear of the car, causing the airflow from the bottom to circle back into a vacuum in the top rear area. Or, again, I'm wondering if that effect is not real, but just a problem with the Flow Illustrator wind tunnel simulator.

Would you recommend a top/center outlet over a bottom/center one? Or where on the photo, for example, would you recommend it?
In clean, moving air not buffeting turbulence. But seek other opinions.

Quote:
Right now I'm using a Mars ME1003 motor, which delivers about 15-20 HP continuous without overheating at about 150-200 amps with 72v (using a high-end golf-cart motor controller, the Alltrax SR72550).

I have one of these. The Toyota engineering is indistinguishable from magic. There was some discussion of locking the differential for a motorcycle. 50hp/68NM.

Controller mods or build for E-assist altermotor

These are 20hp; which won't be sufficient uphill in a headwind.