View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #89 (permalink)
HaroldinCR
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi guys
Chazfisher, my info source is a youtube by Weber Auto/Weber University on the GM BAS e-assist system. A link or mention of this is in this thread. Yes, the ES thread is my Spain contact. He has said the 96V Curtis will run his project motor very well, but, that is still a $1000.00 item that I can't afford. Might keep looking for a used one, but, that is another risky situation.

Unfortunately, there is never enough funding for me to take a chance on trying to follow through with this project. I turn 74 years old in 2 weeks, have bought a couple of basic electronics books and just can not get the theory of this stuff into my overstuffed brain.

Thingstodo here on the forum has been very helpful and encouraging me to try the Paul & Sabrina 3 phase board setup, but, I just don't get it. I want to thank him for his time and prompt response to all my questions.

I did buy a resolver to encoder board to run the altermotor, but, as I said, funding is not available for me to take this chance and fail. I have the Honda IMA controller also, just no electronics knowledge.

If someone does come up with a solution I could follow/copy, I would take another shot at trying this. I truly believe this motor to be an excellent choice for motorcycle conversions.

I have a 6 phase motor and someone that will help me get it set up on my 3 wheel project. Just need to get the time. I'm slowing down much quicker than I had hoped and too many projects have me bogged down.

Please, anyone, continue to offer your results in this thread, so others can follow along.
The Following User Says Thank You to HaroldinCR For This Useful Post:
freebeard (10-24-2017)