View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaud View Post
@Aerohead, you seem to be suggesting that it's not worth trying to aeromod a car that usually is driven below 65mph. Which if that's the case then it's the case and no use worrying or wasting effort anymore.

Can we make the following observation, that high speed economy improvements are to be made thru aeromods, and low speed improvements through engine mods/behavioral alterations?
I drive 55 mph on the highway, up to 64 mph on downhills and I focus primarily on aeromods. The difference is that I drive (according to avg speed) 2/3 highway and 1/3 city. What we are saying is that if you are doing 80% city and 20% highway, you are more likely to realize improvements proven to work at lower speeds and when braking and accelerating is more frequent.

Behavioral mods are the most effective source of improvement for city driving, many of our members here can get better mileage in the city than they can on the highway. I can't do that with my V6 accord, not around Atlanta anyway.

If you are going to mod, I would suggest focusing on weight reduction (WHEELS!), frictional drag reduction(Tires and brake return springs), and engine accessories(power steering delete).

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...