View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
You don't need to retire, just become unemployable (like me)...
Scrub the time-line, watch at 1.25 or 1.5x
I'd hire you, but I doubt you would be enthusiastic about the pay. Scratch that, I doubt the government would be enthusiastic about your pay. I just heard something about the government raising the minimum amount 2 parties can enter contract for labor.

Would be great if it were simply edited. That said, I listen to 5hr Hardcore History podcasts in chunks. I could listen to a portion of an episode at 1.25x speed each night. Perhaps he should make his videos available in podcast format for convenience too.

So many other things competing for my attention. Lately I've enjoyed listening to Sam Harris and The Rubin Report. While I don't agree with much of their political position, I do enjoy a rational and civil discussion. I'll throw in Ben Shaperio occasionally to balance things out.

...there I go again, getting off into the weeds. OK, finally watched the video.

He mentions the glaring problem with batteries; that they are merely a "fuel" tank. People have a problem with buying a vehicle with a 2 gallon equivalent fuel tank for $10,000.

EVs make sense for most short around town trips, but are impractical for the longer ones. This is not likely to change within the next 10 years, which is why most cars are likely to have the ability to burn petrol in the next decade or 2.

My truck belches black smoke when it starts, but it lives in Salem, which doesn't have a pollution problem. I've also got a '76 Buick Riviera that never gets driven. It's the only carbureted vehicle I own. None of the others produce any visible emissions except steam (the #1 emission of petrol vehicles) on a cold day.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 11-06-2017 at 04:18 PM..