View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
Subs are not just for shaking things, some of us use them listening at a reasonable volume.
Of course people who use speakers for listening. rather than annoying people outside their vehicle (and sometimes a mile or so away), go unnoticed.

Though I'm not really sure what filling in the deep bass is supposed to do. To me, the stock speakers in the Miata do a more than adaquate job on things that have considerable bass, say Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition", or Beethoven's "Battle Symphony" with the cannon. Maybe if you're trying to emulate one of these https://www.unr.edu/cceer/facilities...t/shake-tables on the cheap?

PS: OK, deep bass = vibration from underseat speakers, Now I get it :-) But doesn't that count as distracted driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil
Each speaker was easily 20 times as heavy as the tinny speaker Honda put in, which had a hump on the back containing the coil and all less than one inch across.
The Boston magnet alone had a larger diameter than the whole Honda speaker.
But that was your choice, no? I dare say you could have found perfectly adequate speakers that were much lighter. So better quality than the Honda OEM, and lighter.

Last edited by jamesqf; 11-14-2017 at 12:23 PM..