View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 07:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Do you have problems with Windows waking up your computers? I found various instructions for fixing that, but it seems like all of them were out of date. I was able to get most of the way through, but my computer still woke up before I did, although it definitely seemed better.

My current laptop has only woken up once when I put it to sleep and then closed the lid. I used to get to class, wonder why my laptop was so hot, open it, and it would say that it was going to sleep, and then die.

That hurt my feelings...

Has everyone had a good experience with SSDs? I loved my first one--for a month. Then it died. the warranty replacement only lasted a week and I did not bother. The second one that I bought did not act any faster, also died after a week, and I did not bother with the warranty.

I have considered installing an SSD in my current laptop, although I think installing more RAM would make a bigger difference. However, while it only has 4/8 GB, it is not upgradeable, and I am not sure that soldering in memory is the best course of action.

With as much RAM as my phone, it would use an absurd amount of virtual memory. An SSD is not as fast as RAM, but it sure beats 5,400 RPM platters!