View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 07:47 AM   #81 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Hey CT Maybury,
My understanding was that the 5th gear nut issue only applied to the dodge version of the transmission, I think the GM version is different in how it retains the nut. The mechanical injector pump is the DB2 used on GM diesels up until 1993, so I am simply changing my 1994 to be like it would have been in 1993. (They didn’t put diesels into the GMT400 Suburbans until 1994 or I would have just found a 1993 to start with.) The injector pump is the military version that came with my 2010 optimizer engine when I got it surplus.

I have made some progress on the wiring, I got all the wires for the glow plugs, starter, electric fans, injector pump, ect that I need to start it loomed up and ran from the new electrical center to the engine. I also have the new electrical center about halfway completed. The project has obviously been “stuck” at this step for a bit, mainly due to a lack of time to work on it. I spent all day Friday cleaning up my garage so that I have room to breathe as I work on it.