View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #85 (permalink)
ctmaybury@yahoo.com
EcoModding Apprentice

Very cool. I got rid of some wiring by getting rid of the electic lift pump in favor of a mechanical gear type pump (stocker is underdesigned on my generation dodge). Got rid of more wiring by putting a pull cable instead of the fuel shutoff solinoid. I didn't care for that circuit. It pulled 30 amps on startup and pulled 10 amps the whole time the truck is running. When the solinoid went south on me, I went with a cable. It's like my backhoe shutting off the motor. I'm shooting for tractor like simplicity (old tractor not new). Cold start advance sounds like a nice feature (though it probably retards it for startup.) I set my fixed injection timing at 18 degrees btdc for better mileage and performance, but it is a bit cold blooded in the winter (12 deg F outside now). Plugging the truck in for an hour before I start it takes care of that. I am considering one of those heaters that burns fuel from the tank (don't need 110v source). I think my block heater puts out 600 watts, where the webasto puts out 2400 or more depending on model. Heats the coolant, so the heater in the truck is warm right away and window defrost is immediate.

I'm enjoying your build. Am considering another burb myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to ctmaybury@yahoo.com For This Useful Post:
aardvarcus (12-11-2017)