View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:25 PM   #151 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
He let me go with a warning for 72 in a 40 (another half mile and it would have been a 35) because he gave all the local kids one freebie.
Local kids from prosperous families, no?

Quote:
Five years later the FBI was investigating the town because his program for the town to stop cars that didn't seem to have any business in town just coincidentally stopped mainly people with dark skin passing through on the state highway.
But is the important factor here dark skin, or passing through? Presumably without money enough to fight a ticket, so easy revenue for the town.

Quote:
Society placed me on cruise control for a good life. I've got problems and struggles, but I own a house and have money in the bank.
I think you've put your finger on the important factor: money. Grow up as a poor white kid, and your experience is likely to be a heck of a lot closer to what Black Lives Matter claims as racism, than what you experience. Take your experience with the cop. Where I grew up (small enough that everyone basically knew who everyone else was), if you were from one of the more prosperous families, the cops wouldn't even have stopped you. If you were poor, you might find yourself hauled off to the police station (~20 miles away), perhaps thumped a few times with a nightstick on the way.