View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

thanks for stopping by, seeing pictures of the big air dam on truck got me to do some googleing until I found you had been all over the place lol. I even found an old truck trend article where they showed some inner workings to your aeroshel and stuff.

So far I've narrowed it down to this: (mostly because of how often I use my truck)

1. flat full bed foldable tonneau cover for now: I have 2k miles of testing coming up. should be here today actually. plus the wife already bought it for me lol...

2. After Christmas: I'll fab a frame and either soft/hard top that I can raise to mid level of the cab if need for an angled tonneau cover. it seems a good mix of increase economy, usability, and work etc...

3. air dam. A buddy has access to belt (He told me his brother makes them for a living lol).

*did you have to do any crazy fab work to get the belt to hold onto your bumper? I've had mine off and its flimsy at best. I would thinking large washers and maybe welding a couple small pieces of angle iron to give the washer/bolts something to hang and cling too on the inside etc.

forgive my paint drawings. I learn/explain best visually lol.

Last edited by gone9; 04-21-2021 at 05:13 PM..