View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 12:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jez77
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
1/3 the wheel base or 1/3 the overall length? I would think a lot of cars from the factory have body panels that extend over 1/3 their wheel base especially before about 1993 when the whole "cab forward" design trend started. I think a normal 120" wheelbase 8' long bed Ram pickup has more than 40" behind the axle.

Anyway it's ok here besides maybe covering the plate but worst case you will just get a "fix it and your ok" ticket. 1/2 the cars you can't see the plate this time of year because it's covered in brown slush residue. the taillights you can see just fine as it's really not that wide, worst case some spokes are in front of them. Orange strap ends work as a flag and that's what's required on a load sticking way out past the bumper around here.

We have about one patrolman per 700 miles on duty at any given time so they do have plenty of better things to do with all the meth and other illicit trafficking crossing our state.

Sorry got that wrong.
It's 60% of the wheelbase is the max overhang.
I remember we looked into it on our landcruiser at one time and could leagally only have something sticking out 300mm behind the it. By the time we put a spare tyre on the back there was no room for anything else.