View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I seem to be hypermiling my Accord better than my Civic, but the smaller car has much worse compression, so I do not know for how long I will have two [running] cars. I tried to fix up a few issues with the Accord. Unfortunately, the car looks worse now than before the tire blew. I can sand and repaint the bumper, but the passenger door looks wavy.

My black ABS grill block matched my faded, scratched, and abused black paint, but I do not think ABS comes in champagne, and I do not want to make the pretty car look unattractive.

You guys remember I taped plastic to the front, right?

I have some ideas of how I want to improve on that. I admire how Metro installed a coroplast air dam without drilling holes, but I do not think coroplast comes in champagne, either.

Oh dear. My memory worked. Why did it have to do that?!

So... coroplast is considered to be an ecomodder's best friend. Do you guys remember ecomodder's good friend?

This site sells champagne sign vinyl, but I am not sure how close the color is, and I only saw rectangles. They sell foot-wide sections by the yard. Perhaps their gold would look close enough: http://shop.skhouston.com/Gold-Glitt...nyl-NV-127.htm

There are a few other aero modifications that I would like to try and I have long wanted to get a trailer hitch, carrier box, and extend my trunk, but it would take a great deal of work to get my Accord to return the mileage that my Civic (with failing compression) yields mostly stock.

Last edited by Xist; 01-06-2018 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: For some reason, I was using the web on my phone, while holding my laptop.