View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
mannydantyla
EcoModding Apprentice

Aerokee - '97 Jeep Cherokee XJ sport
90 day: 18.22 mpg (US)

Scrambler - '74 Honda CL200 Motorcycle
90 day: 55 mpg (US)
I'm sure this is just like every other ecomodder nube, but I'm looking into vortex generators. They seem to be hit or miss. But the back of the XJ is a big giant box, not unlike a tractor trailer, and maybe a vortex generator "tuft test" (I'm already getting into the lingo!) is worth the $20 and 5 minutes. Perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Use a tire size calculator to find the difference in revolutions per mile from your OE tire size to your actual tire size. Then just multiply your indicated miles by that when you calculate it and you're in.
Alright let's see how smart I am.... or how correct you are.... *after some time has past* ...ok now that I have realized that revolutions per mile is a tire thing and revolutions per minute is the engine speed and the two are not related...

28" tires revolutions per mile: 742
31" tires revolutions per mile: 670
difference: 742 - 670 = 72

I have a feeling multiplying the trip odometer reading by 72 is not going to get me my actual trip millage....

Maybe you mean get the ratio. So 742:670 = 1.1074:1

So my trip odometer reading of 66 miles, multiplied by 1.1075 equals 73 miles which is what Google Maps also said the millage was. Yay!