View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoCivic
Master EcoModder

Thumbs up I converted to LED lighting!

I converted all the lights on my 2005 Civic to LED. LED lighting draws much less power than incandescent lighting, so my MPG should go up a little I didn’t do it strictly for MPG, I also did it to have brighter, longer lasting lights with a more crisp on/off quality too. I think that LED lighting should be added to the list of mods to improve efficiency. I do not know how much gas I am saving, but what I do know is that turning on the headlights no longer bogs down the engine at idle. Less load on the electrical system can only mean increased efficiency. For people running without an alternator, LED lighting will allow you to go farther between charges also. I am very pleased with this upgrade so far. The indicator lights turn on and off so quickly and cleanly, and the headlights are a beautiful white color instead of yellow. They are much brighter too. I will upload pictures of the lighting when I get home. However, I need to change my flasher relay now that I converted to LED turn signals because the LED bulbs draw so little power that the turn signal goes too fast because it thinks that the bulbs are burned out. Anyways, what do you think?

Last edited by EcoCivic; 01-19-2018 at 12:58 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to EcoCivic For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (01-19-2018)