View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
EcoCivic
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
That is definitely a better deal. Please make a garage entry for your car. Do you have any instrumentation? There must be some way of pulling actual data to test current draw, engine RPMs with each headlight, something!
I have a Scanguage. I would measure idle RPM, but the RPM would be the same with both bulbs because the IACV would just bring the idle back up. However, according to the Amazon page, this set of bulbs draws 72 watts, compared to standard halogen 9006 bulbs that draw 110 watts for the pair. Also, the stock tail lights draw 70 watts for the pair of large and small bulbs, compared to 10 watts for the pair of LEDs. The front stock front parking lights draw 40 watts for the pair, compared to 6 for the LEDs. So the stock lighting system draws 220W, compared to 88W for the LEDs, a 132 watt savings over stock! If the alternator is 50% efficient, a total of 264W would be saved, about 1/3 of a horsepower! I know that this isn't the kind of data you were looking for, but it's what I got.