View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 09:13 PM   #49 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
Build a garage. When cars were new that’s what men did before a car was bought. They had the right order in that.
People get many things out of order these days. That is to say, disorder is more common/accepted than ever.

+1 on garage. It's the proper place for a vehicle. All the junk should be given away, stored in an attic, or put in bins and stored near the ceiling of the garage. My neighbors have a 2 car garage, 4 cars, and zero cars in the garage. The cul-de-sac is clogged with their vehicles. On street view you can glimpse the open door which barely contains the floor to ceiling crap.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.6895.../data=!3m1!1e3

I've got the Acura in the driveway in the same view, but that's because the 2 car garage already has 2 cars, a motorcycle, a 4'x8' trailer, a ping pong table, a futon, 5 bicycles, tools, etc inside. I've got 2 roommates and a wife to accommodate there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
Warm Air Intake on the 2010 Insight. I haven't tried it out yet but her ScanGauge was seeing 8°C or so when it's been about -2°C outside.

And I did the same for my 2000 Insight, although this only does half the airflow. The 2000 Insight has two air intake ports, one from the resonator on the left there and one where this vent is attached that goes directly to the outside down by the front bumper. I'm seeing IAT temperatures about 6°C higher than before, reading 17°C or 18°C on my OBDIIC&C gauge now instead of 12°C or so that I'd seen before.
Neat to see your mod.

If I recall correctly, the Insight is capable of running lean-burn until a certain intake temp is reached. Do you plan to remove the WAI in the summer, or do you not anticipate this being an issue?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!