View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
bondvagabond
EcoModding Apprentice

vandle - '93 Ford E-350 Xlt
Haha, yeah, it's no picnic. But when the dust settled on the horse trading I got it for $1200, totally because of the head gasket reputation. Only tricky parts so far is needing to use 1/4" drive sockets for clearance on intake bridge bolts, and I re pissed off my my herniated disc getting exhaust manifold to up pipe bolts out. Thought I was smart doing those 3 hard to reach boots instead of the ten easy to reach exhaust manifold bolts. One of the 3 you can only get a box end in, I'm a pretty big guy, and was able to get it going with a 6" wrench, at the cost of my spine health. I came to my senses and bought an impact wrench to zip out the 10 easy to reach bolts on the other side. Learn from my mistakes friends. So far I'm in it $1140 for parts, for mahle gaskets ARP head studs(never want to re do this) and a couple valves, new cylinder head, couple pushrods. So $2340 and my time for an 07 duramax 3500, studded, brand new head etc.

Oh it was throwing a bunch of transmission codes when I bought it, dropped the pan and it had a dent that was touching one of the solenoids, pounded it out on the old anvil, and no more trans codes.

Mad max would have driven a metro