View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Sandy Munro compares Model S built quality to a 90s Kia

I think we have discussed Munro before, he tears down everything from small appliances to airplanes to tell competitors how stuff works. https://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-3-t...ual-1822678045

People in the comments said to cut them slack, they have been building cars for as long as Kia had in the 90s. If I am getting a mortgage for a car, I want perfection! I remember sharing an article about how difficult it was to open the trunk on a Prius when the battery died. Someone said they fixed that in later models. A comment on the Jalopnik page:

Quote:
I do remember being in a parking lot that had an EV charging station, and some dude with a Leaf came up and asked me to give him a jump because his battery had died, so he couldn’t get the battery charger door open to plug the car in. That struck me as an appallingly stupid design.
There were complaints like those about the Tesla. Don't run out of gas, military-grade jet fuel, or electricity, but if you do, there should be a better alternative than selling your car for parts.