View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 11:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
What would be a vehicle you'd like to own, one that could be built reasonably with today's technology, if not one that fits all uses perfectly?
Something that could fit most (nearly all) uses, while still being relatively easy to drive around on crowded streets, would be one of those Japanese forward-control vans. Some are narrower than a current-generation Corolla, and shorter than a Camry, while their load capacity is in pair with some trucks. Some have also been available with 4WD, which would be useful for trips to visit my relatives in the countryside. Sure there is a possibility to improve them, mostly when it comes to crash protection, but it wouldn't be a top-tier priority at the moment.

Quote:
Or, something a manufacturer could reasonably bring to market, which you would be tempted to buy?
The main issue wouldn't be the possibility of bringing those to the market, it would be an eventual need to upgrade my driving license in order to enable me to get a 12-seater van (in my country the limit of seats for a vehicle to be legally driven with a standard license is 9, already including the driver, plus there is also a 3500kg GVWR limit).