View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #7212 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbman View Post
Well, I'm getting no response over serial no matter what software I load on the chip, what terminal application I use, what cable I use, or what computer I use. It doesn't respond to throttle and never switches the IGBTs. The board is very different from the rest of these - I've attached some pictures. I think I'm stuck waiting for Paul to send the software.
It powers up with a message after the serial is initialized .. I think the firmware version waits for maybe the throttle signal to be in range?

It was an annoying thing that I had to have the throttle connected before I could see anything.

Is it set up for a hall effect throttle or a potentiometer?

Another item - TX is transmit from the board, RX is receive to the board. A USB-to-serial adapter usually has this already switched. But if you are using an old-school serial port you need to switch pins 2 and 3. Pin 5 is ground on a 9 pin connector. With a scope on the TX and GND pins you should see *SOMETHING* if it is transmitting. I think it's 0V low and 5V high ... not -12V low and 12V high as the original RS-232C specifies.

Another thing that Paul sometimes (usually) forgets is to re-compile without debug mode. So the chip could be sitting there - waiting for a 'go' from the PICkit 3. If you load the hex file I sent that would not be the problem ... but that board looks different from mine. Surface mount dsPIC, driver chip for the serial. If you manage to compile the code I sent, you can change the code and put out a test signal of some sort. But I'm not sure if you are wanting to mess with that stuff.

Let us know if we can help
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (02-16-2018)