View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #2565 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
I notice the pronounced crown in the windshield header, and the way the side windows fall off with your need to know.

I'm reminded of the Auto-Union Streamliner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Streamlined_Auto_Union.jpg

edit:
Well, I'm far down the rabbit-hole now. Looking for 1930s streamliners, I found Auto-Union Project: DKW's 1933 rear engined streamliner and from there I got to Auto-Union Project: Framo

I'd never heard of Framo. Once they were past the wood-bodied tricycle stage they produced this:

Quote:
The DKW F1 debuts at the 1931 Berlin Auto Show. When released it was the cheapest conventional car on the German market and was many German families first experience of motoring. Despite its simplicity and budget price the car had several radically new features, not least being its front-wheel drive - the first in any production vehicle. It spawned a long lineage of front-wheel drive cars leading all the way to our modern Audi and Volkswagen cars.
This vehicle predates Citroen (1934?) and is the ultimate ancestor of my Dasher diesel. Then, to bring us back on-topic, they produced this, the Framo-Goritz streamliner:

Wow. Just ....wow.

Last edited by freebeard; 02-11-2018 at 06:41 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (02-11-2018), sendler (02-12-2018)