View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 11:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Sorry, only now I saw this post of yours.

Interesting, and it's true, but I read about they use CF sheets in layers with different fiber orientations, to get strong in many directions.

And the simple fact of use a region with local angle different, turn it less prone to bend (flexible in a given direction). For othjer side less flexible also means more prone tp broke :

But watching videos like this,
I can't imagine/feel it as stronger than still. 270 nestons are not much, since a little hydraulic shock absorber used in closets or kitchen cabinets have 150 newtons.
Carbon fiber it's a cable, a strong cable on a jail of epoxi resin. If epoxi resin are not strong enough to keep the fiber on jail under pressure... we have a problem.

Again, one more crap carbon fiber product :

Who knows a carbon fiber product for sale that do not behave like a crap ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
With carbon fiber, you have to look at where the force is applied and in what direction. Depending how you orient and lay the sheets, the finished product will be stronger in one direction than another. Those bicycle forks, for instance, were not designed to resist a concentrated force on the side of one leg; they were designed to resist vertical forces from the mass of the rider transferred to the wheel and then road. (Same theory as a spoked bicycle wheel--they can be quite strong vertically, but you can easily pull a tensioned spoke from the side and rip it out of the hub or rim). Gram for gram, carbon fiber bikes are much stronger than steel or aluminum, and thus can be made lighter (and made into complex shapes more easily). They're also more comfortable than aluminum, as carbon fiber absorbs more road vibration.

Like the feeling of watch EV-1 holocaust ?

Maybe these aptera's shells wasn't finished, not all layers, or the little car that puledl it against the wal was really very strong.

Anyway his topic is going about to be collection of "Super Material" going fail. What is the kryptonite of all that stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
Every time I see those videos I get angry.

Such a beautiful car, destroyed by a bunch of pump-and-dumpers.

Last edited by All Darc; 02-20-2018 at 11:53 AM..