View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
Team Toyota
90 day: 62.22 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
Team Mazda
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
I was considering posting a new thread analyzing the differences between car models/generations. I have pictures for an 8th gen civic vs civic hybrid, but not 7th gen.

Attachment 23638

The differences visible in the hybrid here are the smooth wheels and the trunk lid spoiler.
Attachment 23639

Attachment 23640

Both cars seem to have rear wheel spats, so no improvement there.
Attachment 23641
That would be a good thread to start, especially since many hybrid versions of regular cars have lower drag coefficients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
In your auto, minimum speed is decided by the computer, there is nothing to calculate. You could find out which speeds each gears work for by driving up to a speed where it locks the TQ in 4th, then just let off the gas and listen/feel for each downshift if you can. That being said, you can see what RPM you are at for the minimum speeds of each gear by using the engine rpm calculator I posted above and plugging in the other gear ratios, assuming your TQ doesn't just drop the engine to idle when you let off the gas...
I've been trying to do that, and I think I have it sort of figured out. Too bad there isn't an actual calculator.

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)