View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
The tank average improvement is great. Welcome to the site (again). At 35 mpg, you now are beating the Fuelly.com averages for a 2008 Fit Sport (32.2 right now). I don't know if an '04 Civic is necessarily better than the '08 Fit on fuel economy. On Fuelly the 04 Civic sedan gets 31.8 mpg. I think their CDA figures are siilar, Fit might be slightly better aerodynamically actually. I don't know the number. But the Fit has significantly shorter gearing at highway speeds: 5th is 0.757 and the FD is 4.294, whereas the 04 Civic base model had 0.711 and 4.111.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit_is_slo View Post
... I want to do a lockup mod but I’ve acquired a wiring diagram for the transmission and don’t see a tcc wire on there, has anyone successfully done one on these cars? I’ve searched the forum pretty extensively and found the other threads but didn’t see any especially Honda specific information. ...
I don't know the answer to this question, sorry. Maybe someone else does. Do you have the Fit's Factory Service Manual?

EDIT: More trnasmission specs for Fits on my honda manual transmission specs thread: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ios-26279.html

But come to think of it, you have a automatic! Oooops! You might have nice tall gearing, not sure. Generally automatics are taller these days.

james
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
Fit_is_slo (03-14-2018)