View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 04:56 PM   #1086 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Japan it's another world, the oposite of my country. I just don't understand that why they are so much in pro of comunity and so cold to a individual, who is part of comunity. I heard they don't use to help a individual, like thinking a individual must make it by their own.
USA also needs a bit of JFK remark : "Ask what you can do for your country.." But country as a comunity, and not blind "licking of a flag"

...genes have effects in everything. Empathy it's pain, we feel some pain with someone else suffering. This can be modulated by culture, education, recognise of other people as similar, but genes also have some influence.
To some degree, expecting an individual to solve their own problem is beneficial to that individual, so long as they eventually solve their problem. People tend to live up to the standards that are imposed upon them. Expect nothing from someone, and they are likely to achieve nothing. Expect everything, and they are likely to become frustrated and react negatively.

Yes, of course we are the products of both nature (genes) and environment (family, culture, society, friends). Just like athletic potential, we all have a certain mental/sympathy potential that can be nurtured or neglected. We may not be able to be the Michael Jordan of compassion, but we can at least train to not miss the hoop so often.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!