View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 12:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
teoman
Master EcoModder

A3 - '12 Audi A3
That is the thing i hate with new cars. When i bought a new car (corolla 1.4 diesel with the robotic transmission) every little ding and scratch makes you sad.

I cannot imagine buying a new car/suv and taking it mildly offroading (like an audi q7). That would be just terrible, havig leaves branches bushes scratch the paint. So what would be the point of such a car? None. Sure if you are that one guy that lives in a house that has a 1 mile mud track leading up to it. But besides that why would you want a showroom grade offroad capable car??? (Like a rangerover?)

Even when i had a 2003 mb ml350, I did not take it places i had imagined i would due to fear of damaging it. And its not about the availability of disposable income, its ruining something nice. So something that is not so nice to begin with is definitely the way to go

For me buying cars at the 4 year mark and using them untill 10 years old is the most sensible thing to do (as i do not have the facilities/ability to so most repairs myself.)